1. $2,000 will be awarded for the best short story, which will be published in the fall/winter 2014 issue of Colorado Review.
2. This year’s final judge is Kent Haruf; friends and students (current & former) of the judge are not eligible to compete, nor are Colorado State University employees, students, or alumni.
3. Entry fee to submit online is $17 per story (the extra $2 goes to the amazing people who run Submittable); there is no limit on the number of entries you may submit, though each story must be a separate entry.
4. Stories must be previously unpublished.
5. There are no theme restrictions, but stories must be under 50 pages.
6. All manuscripts must be double-spaced.
7. The story title and your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address should be entered in the cover letter field, separate from your story. Be sure your name is NOT anywhere in the story itself.
8. Contest opens January 1, 2014.
9. Deadline is the postmark of March 14, 2014.
10. Winner will be announced by July 2014.
11. All submissions will be considered for publication.
Ends in 4 days, 1 hour
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION SHOULD NOT APPEAR ANYWHERE ON THE MANUSCRIPT DOCUMENT BEING UPLOADED. IF YOUR NAME OR ANY CONTACT INFORMATION APPEARS ANYWHERE ON THE UPLOADED DOCUMENT, YOU RISK DISQUALIFICATION.