1. $2,000 will be awarded for the best short story, which will be published in the fall/winter 2015 issue of Colorado Review.
2. This year’s final judge is Lauren Groff; friends and students (current & former) of the judge are not eligible to compete, nor are Colorado State University employees, students, or alumni.
3. Entry fee to submit online is $17 per story (the extra $2 goes to the amazing people who run Submittable); there is no limit on the number of entries you may submit, though each story must be a separate entry.
4. Stories must be previously unpublished.
5. There are no theme restrictions, but stories must be under 50 pages.
6. All manuscripts must be double-spaced.
7. The story title and your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address should be entered in the cover letter field, separate from your story. Be sure your name is NOT anywhere in the story itself.
8. Contest opens December 1, 2014.
9. Deadline is the postmark of March 14, 2015. We'll observe a grace period of five days for both postal and online submissions.
10. Winner will be announced by July 2015.
11. All submissions will be considered for publication.
Ends on 3/15/2015
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION SHOULD NOT APPEAR
ANYWHERE ON THE MANUSCRIPT DOCUMENT BEING UPLOADED. IF YOUR NAME OR ANY
CONTACT INFORMATION APPEARS ANYWHERE ON THE UPLOADED DOCUMENT, YOU RISK
DISQUALIFICATION. PLEASE ALSO MAKE SURE THAT THE FILE'S NAME DOES NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME. FOR INSTANCE, DO NOT NAME A DOCUMENT JANEDOEMANUSCRIPT.DOC; INSTEAD, NAME IT MANUSCRIPT.DOC