For just $10 more, writers with US mailing addresses may select this option to add a one-year subscription to Colorado Review
(regularly $24). Your subscription will begin with the Summer 2018 issue and run through Spring 2019. CR is published in March, July, and November.
Please note that your name and contact information should
not appear anywhere on the manuscrip
t document being uploaded. If your name or
any contact information appears anywhere on the uploaded document, you risk
disqualification. Please also make sure that the file’s name does not include
your name. For instance, do not name a document janedoemanuscript.doc
name it manuscript.doc
Acceptable file formats:.pdf, .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .wpf, .odt
1. $2,000 will be awarded for the best short story, which will be published in the fall/winter 2018 issue of Colorado Review.
2. This year’s final judge is Margot Livesey; friends and students
(current & former) of the judge are not eligible to compete, nor are
Colorado State University employees, students, or alumni.
3. Entry fee to submit online is $17 per story (the extra $2
goes to the amazing people who run Submittable); there is no limit on
the number of entries you may submit, though each story must be a
separate entry with the entry fee. If you have selected the $27 option, you will receive a one-year subscription. If you'd like to enter more than one story but want only one subscription, enter one story in this category for $27, then submit subsequent stories to the $17 category.
4. Stories must be previously unpublished.
5. There are no theme restrictions, but stories should be at least 10 pages and under 50 pages.
6. All manuscripts must be double-spaced.
7. The story title and your name, address, phone number, and e-mail
address should be entered in the cover letter field, separate from your
story. Be sure your name is NOT anywhere in the story itself.
8. Contest opens December 1, 2017. Deadline is March 14, 2018. We'll observe a grace period of five days for both postal and online submissions.
10. Winner will be announced by July 2018.
11. All submissions will be considered for publication.