2020 Nelligan Prize for Short Fiction
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
1. $2,000 will be awarded for the best short story, which will be published in the fall/winter 2020 issue of Colorado Review.
2. This year’s final judge is Lori Ostlund; friends and students (current & former) of the judge are not eligible to compete, nor are Colorado State University employees, students, or alumni.
3. Entry fee to submit online is $17 per story (the extra $2 goes to the amazing people who run Submittable); there is no limit on the number of entries you may submit, though each story must be a separate entry. If you'd like to add $10 and receive a one-year subscription to Colorado Review (normally $24), please enter the category "2020 Nelligan Prize for Short Fiction with Subscription to Colorado Review."
4. Stories must be previously unpublished.
5. There are no theme restrictions, but stories should be at least 10 pages and under 50 pages.
6. All manuscripts must be double-spaced.
7. Your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address should be entered in the cover letter field, separate from your story. Be sure your name is NOT anywhere in the story itself.
8. Contest opens December 1, 2019. Deadline is March 14, 2020. We'll observe a grace period of five days for both postal and online submissions.
10. Winner will be announced by mid-June 2020.
11. All submissions will be considered for publication.